Image Map

Monday, August 18, 2014

Review: MAYBE SOMEDAY by Colleen Hoover

Title: Maybe Someday
Author: Colleen Hoover
Standalone
Publication Date: May 14, 2014
+Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes&Noble | Kobo |

At twenty-two years old, Sydney is enjoying a great life: She's in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her best friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers that Hunter is cheating on her—and she's forced to decide what her next move should be.

Soon, Sydney finds herself captivated by her mysterious and attractive neighbor, Ridge. She can't take her eyes of him or stop listening to the passionate way he plays his guitar every evening out on his balcony And there's something about Sydney that Ridge can't ignore, either. They soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one.

A passionate tale of friendship, betrayal, and romance. Maybe Someday will immerse readers in Sydney's tumultuous world form the very first page.
Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter |

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
“Nothing in my life has ever felt so good yet hurt so achingly bad.”
This was my first CoHo book and it was simply magical. I thought Colleen Hoover’s writing was flawless. The story was told at the perfect pace and all the characters were wonderful. Let me start by saying I’m not a fan of love triangles. I try to avoid them as much as possible, but boy am I glad I stuck with this to the very end. This is a MUST-READ novel. I also highly recommend purchasing the album by Griffin Peterson that accompanies the book. I had what felt like a 4D reading experience! Not to mention, the songs are beautiful and adds so much more to the story.
“Desire is easy to fight. Especially when the only weapon desire possesses is attraction. It’s not so easy when you’re trying to win a war against the heart.”
Maybe Someday is a heart-achingly emotional story that revolves around Sydney and Ridge. They lived in apartments that were situated right across a courtyard from each other. Every night at 8pm Sydney would sit out on her balcony and listen in on Ridge playing his guitar. Ridge is an extremely talented musician who writes songs for his brother’s band. Unfortunately, he’s been experiencing writer’s block. Fortunately for him, Sydney has been creating her own lyrics to his songs.
After finding out that her boyfriend has been cheating on her, Sydney moves in with Ridge and his roommates, Warren and Bridgette. The secondary characters in this book are fantastic! Warren, Ridge’s best friend, was by far my favorite character. One thing I liked about this book was that you get a glimpse of multiple relationships. Of course there's Sydney and Ridge's but then you have Ridge and Warren's too, even Warren and Bridgette's (which was adorable by the way). You also can't help but feel for the third person in the love triangle because they turn out to be so likable.
“I’ve learned that the heart can’t be told when and who and how it should love.  
The heart does whatever the hell it wants to do.”
I don’t want to say much about Sydney and Ridge because I don't want to give anything away. It's something you have to experience yourself. Their relationship was certainly complicated but they were just meant to be together! They both breathed music and every time they wrote music together my heart sang. And even though I felt what Ridge does was wrong, I can’t bring myself to not love the guy. He couldn’t help it and I felt his decision near the end showed how hard he was trying to keep things the way they are (even if his choice crushed my heart into pieces).
"As long as he's a part of it, I'll never live a life of mediocrity.  
My life with Ridge will be nothing short of remarkable."
 It’s official though, I’m a Colleen Hoover fan! 

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
Warren
He was a phenomenal character. Funny, caring and lovable. 
He was such a jerk when he questioned Sydney about Ridge (68%)
but it was incredibly admirable what he'd do to protect his best friend.

'Maybe Someday'
The writing of 'Maybe Someday' was heart-achingly beautiful.
I cried during this scene (43%). There was just so much emotion. 
Seeing crossed out lyrics made the process very real.
And then to read this scene while listening to Griffin sing it...
It left me speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment