Image Map

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Review: INTO THE STILL BLUE by Veronica Rossi

Title: Into the Still Blue
Author: Veronica Rossi
Under the Never Sky #3
Publisher: HarperCollins
Publication Date: January 28, 2014
The race to the Still Blue has reached a stalemate. Aria and Perry are determined to find this last safe haven from the Aether storms before Sable and Hess do—and they are just as determined to stay together.

Within the confines of a cave they're using as makeshift refuge, they struggle to reconcile their people, Dwellers and Outsiders, who are united only in their hatred of their desperate situation. Meanwhile, time is running out to rescue Cinder, who was abducted by Hess and Sable for his unique abilities. Then Roar arrives in grief-stricken fury, endangering all with his need for revenge.

Out of options, Perry and Aria assemble an unlikely team for an impossible rescue mission. Cinder isn't just the key to unlocking the Still Blue and their only hope for survive—he's also their friend. And in a dying world, the bonds between people are what matter most.

In this final book in her earth-shattering Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi raises the stakes to their absolute limit and brings her epic love story to an unforgettable close.
Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr |

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
"There is no way forward that isn't through pain."

You know how you go into denial and refuse to acknowledge the fact that there is no other book, that this is actually the end, when you finish a series you loved so dearly? This was me after reading Into the Still Blue. It was an amazing conclusion to a fantastic series. I cried. I swooned. I cheered. There wasn't a single emotion I didn't feel. Characters I had disliked at the beginning eventually became my new faves. Perry, Aria and Roar (aka my golden trio) will forever hold the top rankings in this favorites list though. Eternally grateful to Siiri for pushing this series on me!

Into the Still Blue continues where book two left off. Aria and Perry have returned to the Tides with what Dwellers they were able to rescue—Soren being one of them. With fierce Aether storms brewing and Cinder in the hands of the enemy, it was like I could hear the ticking of a time bomb and it's just full speed ahead. I zoomed through this book very quicky.

Aria and Perry are a force to be reckoned with. Remember the time when Aria was first cast outside and she had no clue if she would even survive? Her character growth is so fab. She's made friends among strangers and she's become this brave fighter that I'm constantly rooting for. Perry has always been kickass. He's responsible for not only himself but his tribe as well, and it's so endearing how selfless he is *clutches heart and swoons*. I really enjoyed how the series built up their characters as individuals, making them that much more powerful as a team.

With where Roar was mentally and emotionally after Through the Ever Night, I was worried this book would only be intense. I need humor in books, a break from the seriousness, even if it's a very few short moments. Thank the heavens for Soren (who would have thought I would ever say this haha)!

Under the Never sky series is one I'll certainly reread over and over because of how much I love characters, the world building and the writing. Until then, PEREGRINE OF THE TIDES I'LL MISS YOU GREATLY.
 
-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

Under The Never Sky
--> My Review <--

Roar And Liv
(#0.5: Prequel novella in Roar's POV)

Through The Ever Night
--> My Review <--

Brooke
(#2.5: Novella in Brooke's POV)

Into The Still Blue

4 comments:

  1. You're so enthusiastic I'm adding this series to my list :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAYYYYY. I hope you like it! Keep me updated :D

      Delete
  2. omg LOL JAE!!!! I didn't know Mathias Lauridsen was your fancast for Perry but NOW THAT I HAVE SEEN IT I CAN'T UNSEE HIM AS PERRY (and he was like in my top 10 Connor fancasts hahaha). I'm so glad you're so easy when it comes to my favs and you loved it too! <3 And I totally get what you mean -- some of my most disliked characters became my favs in this :P Aria is such a champ! I love her to pieces *squeezes her into a big hug* So, so, so happy you love these books, my love! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DIDN'T EITHER UNTIL I SAW THAT PIC OF HIM AND I WAS LIKE HOLY MOLY IT'S PERRY. *hugs you forever and ever* You're the queen at book pushing with an incredible radar for cute ships ;)

      Delete