Image Map

Monday, September 15, 2014

#TenBookChallenge

I was tagged by the lovely T and G at T&G Book Boutique to do this #TenBookChallenge. It's my first book challenge ever! Needless to say, I was very excited to complete it. Big thanks and hugs to T and G, I had a lot of fun writing this post! :D

The challenge: "List 10 books that have stayed with you in some way. Do not take more than a few minutes and do not think too hard. They do not have to be the "right" books or great works of literature, just ones that have affected you in some way. Paste these instructions and tag 10 friends, including me, so I can see your list."

Okay I'll admit now that some of my choices are series. Yeah, yeah, the challenge said 10 books. But to me, some of these books can't be thought of without it's sequels, it's the entire story and the world it creates that left an impression on me. Therefore, I'm bending the rules a little hehe.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
(Click on the covers for the Goodreads links. Series images will link you to the first book)

1. Lord of the Flies by William Golding
This book taught me the importance of order and authority.
I read it so long ago but I still remember how I felt while reading it. I loved it, but I wouldn't read it again.
It's the kind of book that I feel once is enough.

2. The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
Oh, I love this book, SO MUCH. It taught me acceptance.
Accepting who you are or who you've become. Accepting others without judgement. 
And accepting that life moves on, you have to move with it.
Plus, the story is wonderful beyond belief.

3. Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer
My very first paranormal romance. I'll never forget the day I picked this book up in elementary school. 
Pretty sure it was the first book I read that a kissing scene, and that got me all giddy thinking I was reading such a 'mature adult' book lol. 
Edward Cullen was also my first book boyfriend.

4. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
The book got me into historical romances.
And who would have thought men in kilts could be so sexy?
This series is wonderful but I think this book would be the only one that I could re-read over and over.

5. Addicted Series by Krista & Becca Ritchie
I love these books with all my being.
These books bring to light the power of friendship and love. 
Not only are the main characters memorable, so are the secondaries.
There's sister-love, bromance, OTPs...It's imperfectly perfect.

6. The Book of Negroes (aka Someone Knows My Name) by Lawrence Hill
There's a reason this book has won awards. The story is riveting and heart-wrenching.
Once I started, I couldn't put it down. Persistence and determination can bring success.
From this book, I could almost feel the power of 'hope'.

7. The Dark Duet by C.J. Roberts
This series was the darkest I've ever read. Pitch black dark.
And the honest truth of it all is that I loved it.
It took me way out of my comfort zone and made me question how I could fall for the villain.
I still have a love\hate relationship with Caleb to this day.

8. I-Team Series by Pamela Clare
Don't judge a book by it's cover. These books were some of the first romantic suspense books I've read with what I call 'sexy covers'. 
I display those babies proudly on my bookshelf because I find the stories were actually incredibly well written. 
When a someone I know irl asks "Really? You read these kinds of books?", I go "Heck yeah".

9. Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan
Communication is key.
But sometimes actions speak louder than words.
This book is one of my all-time favorite romances. 
It's emotional and made me bawl. Every. Time.

10. Song of the Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce
You don't have to be a man to be a warrior.
All the books that are set in the Tortall Universe are excellent but these four are undoubtedly my favorite.
Alanna is one of my top-fav heroines of all time. She's strong, period. 
These books leave you with the feeling that dreams can be achieved. You just need to fight like hell.

Phew, that's all folks. :)

I'm tagging:
Jasprit & Rachel @ The Reader's Den 
Danielle @ Love at First Page
Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

4 comments:

  1. Oh gosh! TSoT is on my list as well, I can already tell you that much. And agreed! Acceptance is the key word in this story. ADDICTED *SOBS* I spy Kiss the Sky ahhh. *sobs harder* I can tell that the Dark Duet isn't for me, but I'm glad you loved this series so much. Need to read Archer's Voice for sure :) bawling books are my favorite lol. THANK YOU FOR TAGGING ME, LOVELY! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for accepting the tag! I'm going to have to look into these books when I have time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes for Outlander! Have you been watching the series? Have you read the other books?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you ''Loved'' The Lord of the Flies. I haven't read it but heard how savage it is, heh. And, oooh, I really need to read The Sea of Tranquility!! Doing my own answers now :D

    ReplyDelete